While it’s true your wardrobe says a lot about who you are, and I’ll admit, I scoured at least four different bridal boutiques when searching for THE dress for my own wedding, selecting an outfit for your engagement session should be no pressure! Still, if you are standing at your closet brimming with options, and thinking “I have nothing to wear,” then worry no further. Here are a few tips on making those pictures postcard-worthy!
Images found here.
1. Keep it simple: Crazy patterns and bright fluorescents don’t always look so hot on film. Going with a solid color that you know you can rock usually ends up looking the best.
2. Your favorite shoes: You know that pair of shoes that you wear five times a week even though you have more shoes than you can count collecting dust in your closet? Wear them! Wear the outfit that is very “you.” After all, in five years, when you have worn that pair of shoes ragged, they will live on in your pictures!
3.Bring the orange scarf: Funky accessories really add to the composition of the photograph. You don’t have to wear it in every shot, but it’s an easy way to mix it up, and add a more playful element to your session.
4.Don’t leave Snookums and Pooch at home: (Alright, so you can’t really wear your pet, but this is a good tip regardless!) Bring your puppies/kitties/goldfish with you! Okay, the fish might be a little tough, but you get the idea. They’ll bring on the candids like it’s their job.
5. Bring a wardrobe change: Can’t decide between two solid outfits? Bring both! It’s always good to have more than one option, especially if one is casual and the other is a bit dressier. Variety, my friends, truly is the spice of life.
6. Get your partner’s input: Your future spouse probably knows what you look really great in, so have them help you decide.
7. Layer, layer, layer: Layering allows you to achieve several different looks with the same base outfit. Adding a cardigan or fun belt to the same basic outfit can completely change your look. Not to mention a fitted blazer is super slimming and adorable with your favorite pair of jeans.
Just remember, don’t over-think your outfit. With the radiant-I’m-so-in-love-glow you’re sure to have, you’re going to look absolutely fabulous no matter what you wear.
Image found here.